The governance structure of the ClimatePal Standard consists of the following bodies:
- ClimatePal Services GmbH
- Advisory Board (ClimatePal e.V)
- Experts Committee
ClimatePal Services GmbH is the governing body of ClimatePal Standard. It is a private company registered in Germany with the headquarter in Cologne. The functions of ClimatePal Systems are:
- Development and continue improvement of ClimatePal Standard.
- Issuance of ClimatePal compensation certificates.
- Provision and maintenance of certification of projects.
- Approval of VVBs.
- Approval and development of new methodologies for projects.
- Maintenance of ClimatePal Registry.
Activities of ClimatePal Standard is supervised by the Advisory Board. The Advisory Board oversees ClimatePal activities, takes part in strategical meetings and guides development of the standard.
The Experts Committee includes experts in the fields of forestry, agriculture and GHG emissions. The Committee provides a peer review of projects documents, and ClimatePal Standard documents. It also supports the development of ClimatePal Standard.